7/20/2026

梅雨明けの太陽と、巡る季節の待合室

7月20日、月曜日。晴れ。朝からじりじりと肌を焦がすような太陽が照りつけている。どうやら今日、ついに梅雨明けの宣言が出されたらしい。日の出の時間が少しずつ遅くなる中、この田舎町にも本格的な夏がやってきたのだ。

昨日は、血圧を下げるためのストレッチを試してみた。上の血圧は問題ないのだが、下の血圧が頑固に高いままで一定しており、それが今の私にとって最大の懸念事項である。両足のふくらはぎはしこったように痛み、前傾姿勢をとるだけで足首に痛みが走る。これもまた、加齢がもたらす避けられない現実なのだろうか。

明日は「プチ旅」とも呼べる、病院での定期健診が控えている。3ヶ月に一度の健診とはいえ、3つの診療科を抱えているため、結局のところ月に1回は通院している計算になる。午前10時から2つの科を受診する予定だが、待合室での時間は常に途方もなく長い。10時の予約であっても、実際に診察室に呼ばれるのは11時を過ぎるのが常であり、運が悪ければ2時間待ちという事態も十分にあり得る。とくに外科病棟では、救急車が到着するたびに待ち時間が静かに、しかし確実に引き延ばされていくのだ。

教室の片隅で息をひそめ、放課後が来るのを待つ少年少女のように、待合室で過ごす時間は孤独で、どこか息苦しい。それでも、そんな無機質な空間のなかで、いつか誰かが見つけてくれる「星」のような小さな希望を胸に抱きながら、誰もが自分の名前が呼ばれるのをただ静かに待っているのかもしれない。

去年の7月は車で通院したという記録が残っている。あの頃はまだ元気だったのだろうが、今年はもう自分でハンドルを握る気力がない。JR青梅線にグリーン車が連結されてからというもの、通院はずいぶんと楽になった。かつて満員電車で立ちっぱなしで病院へ向かった日々は、本当に過酷だったから。

通院の帰り道、今日こそはどこかに寄り道して遊んで帰ろうといつも企むのだが、いざ診察が終わると、まるで何かに追われるように一目散にバス停へと向かってしまう。結局のところ、どこへも寄らずに真っ直ぐ家へ帰ってくるのだ。

明日は早起きをし、足早に朝食を済ませて出発する。ただ静かに、良い結果が出ることを祈りながら。

The End of the Rainy Season and the Waiting Room of Changing Seasons

July 20th, Monday, sunny. The scorching sun has been relentlessly beating down since morning. It seems the end of the rainy season was officially announced today. As the sunrise gets a little later, true summer has finally arrived in our rural town.

I tried some stretches to lower my blood pressure yesterday. While my systolic blood pressure is fine, my diastolic reading remains stubbornly high, which is my biggest concern right now. Both of my calves are aching and stiff, and just leaning forward makes my ankles hurt. I wonder if this is just another inevitable consequence of aging.

I am preparing for a "mini-trip" tomorrow: my scheduled hospital checkup. Although it's supposed to be a checkup every three months, dealing with three different departments means I end up going about once a month. I have appointments at two departments starting at 10 AM, but the waiting time is always agonizingly long. Even with a 10 AM reservation, the actual examination often doesn't start until past 11, and I can fully expect to wait up to two hours if things go poorly. In the surgery ward, the wait time stretches out whenever an ambulance arrives.

Like boys and girls holding their breath in the corner of a classroom, waiting for after-school hours, the time spent in the waiting room is lonely and somewhat stifling.

Yet, amidst that sterile space, everyone might just be waiting for their name to be called, holding onto a small hope like a "star" waiting to be discovered by someone.

I have a record showing I drove there last July; I must have been much more energetic then, because this year, I just don't have the motivation to drive. Commuting to the hospital has become so much easier since they added Green Cars to the JR Ome Line. Standing on a crowded train to get to the hospital used to be incredibly tough.

Every time, I think about going somewhere fun on the way back, but the moment the examination is over, I make a beeline for the bus stop. In the end, I always head straight home without going anywhere.

Tomorrow, I will wake up early, eat a quick breakfast, and head out. I'm quietly hoping for good results. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿