Thursday, August 20th, brought a clear and beautiful morning. As an early riser, I rolled out of bed at 3:30 AM to start my morning routine. After finishing my wake-up rituals, I measured my blood pressure: a splendid 129/84. For a senior, stable numbers are the ultimate energy boost for the day.
Later that morning, my wife returned from her regular Thursday grocery shopping. It was my turn to head out by car to pick up prescriptions at the pharmacy and stock up on bottled water.
However, feeling great about my blood pressure, a little indulgence tempted me: "Why not swing by the traditional rice cracker shop ?" Unable to resist, I ended up splurging 4,300 yen on crackers. "Did I overbuy?" I wondered, but delicious crackers are impossible to resist. I then stopped at the drugstore to collect my medicine and water.
That was when disaster struck: my credit card was missing! Cold sweat ran down my neck as I panicked, wondering if I had dropped it. Rushing home, I turned everything upside down, but it was nowhere to be found. Resigned to my fate, I called the card company to cancel it.
As the line remained endlessly busy with hold music, my wife continued looking around. Suddenly, she called out, "Found it! It was tucked inside the coin pocket of your wallet."
What a relief! The massive wave of adrenaline instantly gave way to sheer hunger, so we sat down for lunch. It turned into quite a chaotic day, giving me plenty of amusing drama to write about in my diary this afternoon.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿