8/14/2026

【お米2100円の奇跡と休日ダイヤの罠】血圧高めの朝と重いリュックを背負ったシニアの奮闘記

 雨上がりの薄日と、安売りのお米と愛犬の歯


台風が過ぎ去ったというのに、空はまだご機嫌斜めらしい 。いつものように深夜3時半過ぎにはパッチリと目が覚めたものの、窓の外からは無情にも雨音が聞こえてきた 。こんな日は無理をしないに限る、と再び温かい布団の誘惑に負け、次に目を開けた時は5時前になっていた 。朝のルーティーンをこなし、日課の血圧測定に挑む 。結果は……やはり下の血圧が今日も高い 。年齢を重ねると、血圧計の数値ひとつで一喜一憂してしまうのはシニアの「あるある」だろう。


朝食を終える頃には、ようやく空から薄日が差し込んできた 。少しホッとした気持ちで、愛犬の歯磨きに取り掛かる 。しかし、どうやら歯が痛いようで、辛そうな様子がなんとも可哀想で胸が痛む 。家族に聞けば、最近は体重も落ち続けているらしい 。今日は4.2kgまで減ってしまったとのこと 。言葉を話せない小さな家族の不調は、自分の血圧の高さよりもずっと心配になってしまうものだ。


気分転換も兼ねて、散歩がてら100円ショップへと足を運ぶ 。帰り道、少し楽をしようと途中からバスに乗ろうとしたのだが、ここで罠が待っていた。平日のはずなのに、今日はお盆休みだからか「休日ダイヤ」で運行しているのだ 。すっかり騙された気分になりつつ、気を取り直して食品スーパーへ立ち寄る 。目当ては米とシリアルだ 。



売り場を見て驚いた。なんと、高騰していたはずのお米の価格が下がり、税込み2100円という安さで売られているではないか !これはラッキーだと即座に購入を決意したものの、その代償は大きかった。ずっしりと重いお米をリュックに詰め込み、重い足取りで家路につく羽目になったのだ 。肩に食い込むリュックの重さに耐えながら、週明けの天気に思いを馳せる 。不安定な空模様も、愛犬の体調も、どうか来週はすっきりと晴れ渡ってほしいと願うばかりである。


#シニアの日常 #犬のいる暮らし #血圧高め #お米安い #休日ダイヤの罠 #老犬のケア


Title: Faint Sunlight After the Rain, Cheap Rice, and My Dog's Toothache

Even though the typhoon has passed, the weather remains quite unstable. As usual, I woke up naturally just after 3:30 AM, but I could hear the sound of rain outside. I decided to crawl back into my warm futon, and by the time I woke up again, it was just before 5:00 AM. After finishing my morning routine, I measured my blood pressure. My diastolic blood pressure was high again today.
By the time I finished breakfast, faint sunlight finally began to shine through the clouds. I brushed my dog's teeth, but it was heartbreaking to see him in pain. I heard from my family that his weight has been continuing to drop lately. Today, it seems he is down to 4.2 kg.
I went for a walk to the 100-yen shop. I tried to take the bus halfway back to take it easy, but a trap was waiting for me. Even though it is a weekday, the buses were running on a holiday schedule. Feeling completely fooled, I pulled myself together and stopped by the supermarket. I needed to buy rice and cereal.
I was pleasantly surprised at the store. The price of rice had dropped, and I bought it for only 2,100 yen including tax! I immediately decided to buy it, feeling lucky, but the price I paid was heavy. Stuffing the heavy rice into my backpack made for a very exhausting trudge back home. As I walked, enduring the weight digging into my shoulders, I couldn't help but worry about the weather early next week.

  • #SeniorLife #LifeWithDogs #HighBloodPressure #CheapRice #HolidayScheduleTrap #SeniorDogCare


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿